Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

BLAZER REFASHION






A while back, I snagged a honeysuckle pantsuit at the thrift store and proceeded to make sassy shorts out of the pants. Since then, the blazer has been sitting in my closet, unused and uninspiring. But after a few sessions browsing Pinterest, I had the idea to make it into a summer jacket. Perfection!

(And the perfect project to kick-start my "Do It Your Own Damn Self" pledge.)

1) First order of business, chop those sleeves off! It's infrequent we need long sleeves on the Space Coast, and the sleeves are too short on me anyways.

2) I want the length a bit shorter, so I cut it off just above the pockets. It's a shame they have to go, but I can always add them in later, depending on how the fit turns out.

3) The cut looks boxy on me, and I want to make it fitted. Wear inside out, pin the back, run the pinned section through the machine, and et viola! Ready to assemble.

4) Roll hems twice, pin, and sew in place. And run the iron, just to finish it up.

5) Flash your sass!



(I am a dork.)

(And, hooray, Pinterest!)

1 comment:

  1. Jackets are always the must needed outwear to wear in some cold area or season, but not all of them can protect us from extremely cold weather, so that shearling jackets are created by some designers. The best materials make sure the high quality, the finest mens shearling jackets for us!

    ReplyDelete