Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

COLOR ME SURPRISED



hotpinkshame 005

Yes, yes, I'm reaching for a title with this one. I usually go with the title that makes me giggle the most. An excellent business plan, I feel.

Since Spring is here, I've been warming up to the idea of crazy bold colors, in particular, honeysuckle. When the news of Honeysuckle's reign filtered down into my happily ignorant bubble, I admitted it was pretty, but NOT FOR ME. I've always equated various shades of pink to various ditsy girls I've encountered, and college life only cemented that belief in me. So when it comes to overtly feminine things, I shy away or try to make it tough and hard-edged.

But the last month, I've grown more and more fond of this tough, bold, unforgiving color. My nails are painted with a matte version as I type this. While thrifting yesterday, I bought a honeysuckle pantsuit, to be worn seperately, of course. And thanks to my insatiable Ebay addiction, I've got a tulip skirt in the same hue heading my way. I think it's fair to say that this color is definitely going to be one of my favorite Spring/Summer playthings.

hotpinkshame 008

hotpinkshame 014

hotpinkshame 016

hotpinkshame 011


{I will upload pictures of my shame tonight.}

No comments:

Post a Comment