Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2012

GETTING SERIOUS (FOR ONCE)




Confession time, lovers. (Yes, again. So predictable.)

I could care less about labels.

It's not a very shocking admission, after all the exposition I've shared on my immature love of Forever 21, and considering how many people in the world don't give a crap either way who designed what you're wearing. But I feel like, being a blogger who could be considered "fashion oriented", it is somewhat outside the norm. But I don't really focus much on fashion as I did in the beginning. And I've never really known much about the industry.

Personally, I go more for comfort or what attracts me. Since I have a tendency towards the quirky and magpie, with the wallet of a match girl, my exposure to designers is from gossip rags or the rare Ebay find. Yesterday was a girl's day with mom, shopping in Orlando. When we went into the Gucci store, I felt like an intruder in my DF shirt and UO jeans. Yes, I could appreciate the beauty of the bags, scarves, and shoes, but I didn't have a feeling to save up the money to possess the beautiful pieces. They do not fit into my lifestyle.

And that's ok.


(Also, Marilyn in the Orlando/Kissimme area, your vehicle is ready at Oberry's. And the dude you gave your phone number to out on the town is desperate to get a hold of you. Just a heads up, though; he calls at all hours of the night, and may have a drinking problem. Good luck!)

No comments:

Post a Comment