Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

NABLOPOMO: Which do you enjoy more - the start of a book or the end?




I enjoy the build up to the end of the book. The biggest trouble with that is with book series. Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings were my crack growing up. I loved the LotR series so much, I read them in freaking Spanish. Every single time there was a new Harry Potter release, I'd go to the midnight party, and read the book in twelve hours. Then I would be on pins and needles until the next one came out.

The grown-up version of that are the Pendergast novels. Son of a bitch. I've spoke about these before, and you Twitter followers have seen me slowly dissolve into insanity the week before and after a new one is released. My buddy Fantasma introduced them to me, got me hooked, and that jerk hasn't read the last one yet. Who else am I supposed to freak out at about Judson and Helen and Corrie?! I blame A Game of Thrones. (Which he also got me addicted to.... Thanks, pal.)

Anyways, the authors are so masterful at the build up and suspense, that when you finish the book, you have the satisfaction that there were many questions from previous books answered, but there are also exciting promises for what is to come. That is what keeps me coming back.


No comments:

Post a Comment